Martin Phillip Manco
Marty Manco's expertise dovetails perfectly with that of the Goldberg Meanix & Muth commercial litigation trial lawyers to remove the obstacles to success faced by our clients in this difficult economy.
Marty Manco has extensive experience in the Life Sciences and the Biomedical Fields, including work in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, biosafety laboratories and microbiological quality assurance. Marty forged strong relationships with European suppliers and big pharmaceutical companies. These relationships provided money and other critical resources to his companies.
Marty also has experience in commercial real estate, oil and gas, construction and construction materials, and a variety of manufacturing and service industries.
Previously Marty Manco served as Secretary, General Counsel, Vice President of Business Development and Manufacturing Operations, CFO and CEO for a number of early stage and turnaround enterprises. Marty is a strong team member who is adept at helping technically talented colleagues become and remain productive in a difficult commercial environment. He is able to articulate the key elements of a firm's technology to non-technical outsiders. As a result, Marty has enabled the management team to obtain financing, products and other resources that allowed the company to survive and grow.
Marty was responsible for negotiating, performing due diligence, closing and managing numerous exclusive distributorships, licensing agreements, co-promotions, acquisitions and divestitures, for cash and / or stock, in the United States and Europe. Three of the companies were sold to publicly traded companies and several to larger private companies.
Marty Manco has held the appointment as a Lecturer at Pennsylvania State University where he taught in the Graduate Program in Management focusing on entrepreneurship and business acquisitions.
Marty holds an undergraduate degree from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and subsequently earned a Masters in Business Administration and Post Masters Certificate in Management Information Systems from Penn State, and his JD from The Widener University Law School.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Chester County Bar Association, the Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry, the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce, the Institute of Management Accountants, the Licensing Executives Society, and the Knowledge Management Group of Philadelphia.
Marty has been married for over 35 years to Sharon Manco. Sharon is a member of the Education Faculty and the Disabilities Contact Liaison at Penn State Brandywine, and a doctoral candidate in Special Education at Penn State. Marty and Sharon have two children, Martin and Theresa, both of whom are Penn State Graduates and reside in Chester County.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Biotech
- Employment Law
- Pennsylvania, 1981
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- M.B.A. - 1974
- Major: Accounting
- University Pennsylvania - Wharton School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.S. - 1972
- Major: Finance
- A Knowledge-Based System to Assist University Administrator in Meeting Disability Act Requirement, Expert Systems & Applications, Vol 21 Issue 2, 2001
- Acquiring the Existing Enterprise, Pennsylvania State University, 2001
- Entrepreneurship, Pennsylvania State University, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Knowledge Management Group of Philadelphia, Member, 1999 - 2009
- Institute of Management Accountants, Director of Professional Programs, 2009
Past Employment Positions
- PediaMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Secretary/Treasurer, 2001 - 2007
- Integrated Bio Solutions, Inc., President, 1989 - 1996
- Kappa Sigma